Elderberry Cheesecake Bars : New Recipe Alert
- Line an 8 inch baking dish with heavy duty foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put 5 large graham crackers in a ziplock bag. Break apart and crumble graham crackers
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1.5 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla with mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed.
- Pour over crust.
Swirl Sauce (This sauce can be used to make a cheesecake swirl or to use as a glaze to put over the top of the cheesecake.)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, whisk together one cup Elderberry Boost syrup and 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Continue to stir while cooking, about 3-4 minutes. It will slowly thicken. Do not turn temperature too high or it will burn. Once at desired consistency, remove from heat. It will also thicken as it cools.
- Decide swirl or glaze....
- To swirl... spoon sauce over over batter. Use a toothpick to slowly move around sauce into the batter. Make any design of your choice.
- If you prefer a glaze, cook cheesecake first. 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Place sauce over finished cheesecake and then place in refrigerator for about 4 hours to set.
- If you chose the swirl, let cool and cut into bars!